The Selling Timeline
The property buying and selling process can be a difficult one to negotiate without the right advice. As estate agents we are acutely aware that selling a property can be very stressful and is often a daunting prospect. Our knowledge and experience of selling and buying property in England will be deployed with the sole aim of achieving you, our client, a successful stress free property transaction.
From the initial valuation and consultation of marketing strategy to completion and handing over of your house keys, Urban & Country Homes will be with you every step of the way. We are paid by our sellers so we work for our sellers.
- Urban & Country Homes will provide you with a free market and property appraisal.
- We will work with you to define a tailored marketing strategy based on your needs and motivations.
- We will define your perceived target market.
- Your selling competition will be highlighted.
- Time: approx 1 hour
- Our sole agency selling fees are 0.85% no VAT.
- We do not ask for an agreement for a length of time, just 21 days notice to terminate
- No up front U&CH costs
- The marketing strategy will be finalised with your input
- Measurements and photographs taken
- ‘Vendor comments’ allows you to say how you feel about your home – to be included on property details [optional]
- U&CH will organise an Energy Performance Certificate – Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) give information on how to make your home more energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emissions. All homes bought, sold or rented require an EPC. The cost is circa £65.00
- Useful link click here
- Time: approx 1 hour
Prior to Marketing
- Draft details will be sent to you for your approval
- First impressions are crucial, photographs must show the property in the best possible light and every effort will be made to ensure this happens.
- You give the go ahead
- Time: 24 – 48 hours
- Our database of buyers will be approached primarily by phone. This gives us the best chance of creating a sense of urgency.
- Property details will be circulated
- Your property will be uploaded to www.rightmove.co.uk and www.urbanandcountryhomes.co.uk
- U&CH will accompany all viewings
- U&CH will conduct all negotiations on your behalf – we are very experienced negotiators and will advise you at every stage based on our experience and the circumstances surrounding the offer.
- Time: 8-12 weeks
- U&CH will conduct background buyer checks related to any related sale and ability to buy (finance).
- Instruct a solicitor/legal professional
- A survey may well be conducted – U&CH will provide the surveyor with relevant comparable evidence
- The conveyancing process will be undertaken by your chosen legal professional
- Time: 6-12 weeks (Dependent on length of chain)
- Contracts are exchanged and a legal obligation to sell and buy is established, deposit paid
- Balance of monies is paid
- Keys are exchanged
- Time: To be determined at the point of exchange
Selling Homes in:
- Ashley Heath
- Canford Cliffs
- Ensbury Park
- New Milton
- St Ives
- St Leonards
- West Parley